Thursday 22 November 2012

Interior Starcoin Decor


Hey:) Its kenzie21299 again and today I am here to show you how to decorate the room we made last week!



Here is all to the left of the room!















Here is all to the right!













If you wanted to create a room exactly like this one you will need:
- BASIC couch red (120 sc) of course any color would work well here but i just had this already on hand from another room i was working on.
- 2 BLING BLING leather stools (50 sc each, 100 for the pair)
- MINIMALISM office table (50sc)
- PRETTY IN PINK popart (30sc)
- FASHION B&W lamp (50sc)
- MINISHOP SUITE seaview window (30 sc) -for this i turned it around so it was laying on its side that way it goes over most of the sofa!
- MINIMALISM newspaper lamp (40sc)
- MINIMALISM curtain (white) this goes underneath the orange curtain just to add that little extra touch!
- 2 VILLA pillow (Silver)
- VILLA carpet (white) (50sc)
- 2 FOLK curtain (orange) (50sc) for some reason these are also available in DIY for the same price and the same exact item, strange huh?
- ATOM black bookshelf  (0sc) this was a freebie a while back and i believe unless you live in the UK you have to use a proxy. :(  I am not even sure if it is still available but if you google “stardoll free atom bookshelf” something should pop up!

- for the bookshelf I put anything I had lying about, in my opinion bookshelfs and places where you need a lot of things to fill them with are great places too put any of the free items/calendar items you get! You can always buy things for it but if you use free items its sure to save you a couple hundred starcoins!!

Now I would like to discuss why I put the things where I did! For the right side of your room (the panel that sticks out at front [or the orange panel]) I like to make it like a dining type area. Some other things you can do are like an office space, a bar (like one that you sit at) a TV area or if your doing a winter themed room a fireplace! (in honor of winter for my next theme I am going to be teaching you guys how to do a fireplace! How does that sound?)

For the main area I usually try to make a formal sitting area type place. I try to put a sofa and chairs or something to that extent!

On the far left the room was looking a little bare so I went ahead and added the bookshelf! Try to get one that is angled toward the screen (it appears to take up more space and if you have any design flaws  it’s the perfect way to cover them up!!!)

I like to always add a window in a room, if not multiple windows! I think a window gives it that real house effect.

How I choose the furniture colors for this room…
I tried to make the room a bit more balanced out by adding the black and white items too the room, I felt like there was enough colors in the room! I know what your thinking, if you wanted black and white furniture then why add the reddish pink sofa? I thought that adding a black or white sofa would make the room too black and white and not make it look right with the walls!

After all this you add some curtains for your window, pillows on your sofa, a rug on the floor, some things for the table and knickknacks in the bookshelf and you feel right at home!

Of course, you can make the room whatever you want too! A play room, a nursery, a bedroom, even a kitchen would all make this room look amazing! Don’t like the regular stardoll room layout? Just keep using this room again and again for perfection in every room you do! (if you need to know how to make the architectural part of this room, there is a previous post on how to do this! Just follow the steps and you will be a pro in no time!!!!

Comments? Questions? Make a room of your own? Post them in the comments down below or in my guestbook, but please remember no bashing, roasting, crispy chipping, or whatever you kids are saying know a days  ( lol I sound like an old woman!) constructive criticism is always welcome! Thanks for reading!!!

9 comments:

GGOLDD said...

Fireplace sounds good! I love winter and I lie my rooms themes with like a snowy winter window and I love fireplaces with winter rooms

applemartini said...

Great article again Kenzie! I can't wait to read next weeks :)! - applemartini

kenzie21299 said...

glad you think so!! if you wanted to see one of the fireplaces we will be making you can visit my suite, it is in my winter room! I love them too, it really gets me in the christmas mood!! -kenzie;D

kenzie21299 said...

thanks gurl! i can't wait to start writing it!-kenzie;D

thekatietheory said...

Great second article Kenzie :)!

kenzie21299 said...

Thanks hun!! I am glad you liked it! i hope you will join us for the fireplace article! ps thanks for commenting!! i absolutly LOVE comments!-kenzie;D

poohg_1993 said...

It's a lovely way to decorate your home using SC items only, however my thing is that I pay close attention to detail when decorating a room or seeing a room... and the window is sideways. Otherwise a very lovely decorated room.

Unknown said...

I love this one.It Rocks!

Anonymous said...

visit me on stardoll cutenimrah1999 n heart my yb n vote ncg plx

Post a Comment

© 2011 Stard0ll Secrets, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena